[Remind-Fans] timezone handling

Jochen Sprickerhof remind at jochen.sprickerhof.de
Sun Jul 17 04:01:59 EDT 2022

HI Saša,

* Saša Janiška via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> [2022-07-17 08:17]:
>yesterday we had a long debugging session trying to fix problems when
>using radicale/python-remind with Evolution/Thunderbird. Now things
>look
>pretty smooth (testing with Evolution), but I wonder how to properly
>handle timezones?

Remind has no support for timezones (there is some discussions in the
list archive). My solution is to define (and update) the offsets
manually:

SET UTC 2:00
REM Aug 12 2021 *14 AT [18:00 + UTC] MSG F-Droid meeting

>So, my question is whether it is possible to somehow incorporate
>timezone info so that oen can see same/correct timings in
>Tkremind/Wyrd/Evolution/Thunderbird?

python-remind supports timezones and uses the system timezone by
default. Alternatively you can specify the timezone as an option and
radicale-remind exposes this as remind_timezone in the config.

Cheers Jochen