[Remind-Fans] Remind-fans Digest, Vol 206, Issue 1

eben at gmx.us eben at gmx.us
Tue Oct 4 16:59:10 EDT 2022

On 10/4/22 16:40, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:

> You need to let Remind run in the background, such as with "remind -z1"
> You can start this command once every time your computer starts:
>
>      remind -z1 ~/.reminders < /dev/null > /dev/null 2>&1 &
>
> and it will issue timed reminders when they occur.

Thanks. I had been running remind in its own terminal emulator whenever I
changed the schedule.  (I'm sure there was a good reason at the time, which
did not include enough RTFM.) It's nice to hear from the top about the right
way to do it.

--
Your pretended fear lest error might step in is like the man who
would keep all wine out of the country lest men should be drunk.