[Remind-Fans] Remind 04.02.00 BETA 1 is Available

Andreas Klostermaier andreas at klostermaier.de
Tue Oct 11 10:34:38 EDT 2022

Am 10.10.22 um 23:36 schrieb Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans:

> Remind 04.02.00 BETA 1 is available in git.

I am running the new version without problems, have not tried any of the new features, though.

Had these two errors on make:

---
Not installing rem2html; missing JSON::MaybeXS

rem2html-Docs say: "rem2html requires the Perl modules `JSON::Any' and `Getopt::Long'.  It
will not be installed unless you have those modules as well as Perl
itself."

I have Perl installed on Ubuntu, but don't know which modules are missing and how to install them. I do not need rem2html, but maybe the installation notes could be more explicit?

---
Not installing rem2pdf; missing Pango

I was missing libpango-perl and libcairo-perl after a fresh install of Ubuntu. Added them from the repos and rem2pdf works fine now. Those prerequisites should maybe be mentioned in the general README as well.

lg
Andreas