[Remind-Fans] Prerequisites (was Re: Remind 04.02.00 BETA 1 is Available)

Merell L. Matlock, Jr. mlmatlock at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 12:03:54 EDT 2022

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 11:05:01AM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Oct 2022 16:34:38 +0200
> Andreas Klostermaier via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> > I was missing libpango-perl and libcairo-perl after a fresh install
> > of Ubuntu. Added them from the repos and rem2pdf works fine now.
> > Those prerequisites should maybe be mentioned in the general README
> > as well.
>
> I've added the list of prerequisites in this commit:
> https://salsa.debian.org/dskoll/remind/-/commit/603228b944f6ade78d1954e08c04e74bbfd7b9c6
>
> I run Debian, so I only know which Debian/Ubuntu packages satisfy the
> prerequisites.  If anyone knows the equivalent RPM/dnf package names,
> please let me know and I'll add those to the README.

For Arch Linux:

pango-perl [1] and cairo-perl [2] for rem2pdf

perl-json-maybexs [3] and perl-json [4] for rem2html

[1] https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/pango-perl/
[2] https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/cairo-perl/
[3] https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/perl-json-maybexs/
[4] https://archlinux.org/packages/community/any/perl-json/

Merell
--
So this is what it feels like to be potato salad