[Remind-Fans] Function not working

Merell L. Matlock, Jr. mlmatlock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 10:01:42 EDT 2022

Hey y'all!

I'm trying to use the snippet that modifies US gov't holidays that fall
on Sat/Sun so I can plan to *not* watch my grandkids on the gov't
observation date.

Example (modified from the snippet page [1]):

[code]

FSET _back(days)	TODAY()-days

REM 25 December SCANFROM [_back(7)] SATISFY 1
IF WKDAYNUM(TRIGDATE()) == Sat
	REM [TRIGDATE()] +1 MSG Christmas Day
	OMIT [TRIGDATE()-1] +1 MSG Christmas Day (gov)
ELSE
	IF WKDAYNUM(TRIGDATE()) == Sun
		REM [TRIGDATE()] +1 MSG Christmas Day
		OMIT [TRIGDATE()+1] +1 MSG Christmas Day (gov)
	ELSE
		OMIT [TRIGDATE()] +1 MSG Christmas Day
	ENDIF
ENDIF

[/code]

Christmas falls on a Sunday this year, but no reminder is shown for 26
Dec (Monday) in TkRemind.

I ran `remind -dx` on my holiday file and saw this portion:

[code]

trigdate() => 2022-12-25
wkdaynum(2022-12-25) => 0
Sat => 6