[Remind-Fans] Function not working

Merell L. Matlock, Jr. mlmatlock at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:02:49 EDT 2022

On Wed, Oct 12, 2022 at 10:07:14AM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:

> That snippet is probably an example of bad Remind programming.

I found those @ Roaring Penguin (at least 10 years ago, IIRC).  My holidays file
has been pretty static for a long time, and those were commented out
after I retired.

> The modern way to do this is something like:
>
>     OMIT 25 December MSG Christmas Day
>
>     # If the 24th is a Friday, that's a holiday
>     REM 24 Dec SCANFROM -7 ADDOMIT SATISFY [$Tw == 5] MSG Christmas Day (time off)
>
>     # If the 26th is a Monday, that's a holiday
>     REM 26 Dec SCANFROM -7 ADDOMIT SATISFY [$Tw == 1] MSG Christmas Day (time off)

Worked like a charm.

Thanks,

Merell
--
You say you are lying.  But if everything you say is a lie, then you are
telling the truth.  You cannot tell the truth because everything you say