[Remind-Fans] msgsuffix() type thing for calendar view?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sun Nov 27 17:54:31 EST 2022

On 2022-11-26 21:30, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> >     FSET calprefix(x) iif(icon=="", "", icon)
>
> How is that different from:
>
>       FSET calprefix(x) icon

Hah, there's actually a bit more logic behind it that I stripped
out.  I'd set both a 7-bit ASCII "icon" and an optional "emoji"
variable, and a function pics between them.

> Shouldn't it just work?  In your main reminder file:
>
>      SET icon ""
>      FSET calprefix(x) icon
>
> In birthday.rem:
>
>      SET icon "???? "
>      REM ... MSG Someone's Birthday
>      # .. etc
>      SET icon ""

Huh, I'm not sure what I did wrong in there, but I cleared out all
my attempts (yay for `git reset`) and re-tried it as you described,
and indeed, it works perfectly.  Well, except for differing emoji
support in xterm vs. rxvt, but that's not remind(1)'s problem. :-)
But now with $SuppressLRM I can resume using xterm.

Now all my birthday events have cake, my anniversaries have hearts,
etc.

So much to be thankful for in this season of thanksgiving!

-tim