[Remind-Fans] OMIT/SKIP and rem2dav workaround?

Jochen Sprickerhof remind at jochen.sprickerhof.de
Fri Jul 12 13:28:00 EDT 2024

Hi Brian,

* Brian Flaherty via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> [2024-07-12 09:04]:
>One of my email hosts offers DAV, which I've been using to connect
>remind with Android/Google calendar via rem2dav and DAVx on F-Droid.

I assume you mean my rem2dav implementation form here:

https://github.com/jspricke/remind-caldav

Which uses thy python-remind implementation Dianne already mentioned.

Can you please open an issue on Github (probably in python-remind) for
your problem and mention which versions of remind-caldav and
python-remind you use as well as attach the input and output.

>So this makes it to Google calendar via rem2dav:
>
>REM Tue AT 9:00 DURATION 1:00 MSG appt
>REM Jun 11 2024 AT 9:00 DURATION 1:00 MSG no appt
>REM Jun 25 2024 AT 9:00 DURATION 1:00 MSG no appt
>REM Jul 02 2024 AT 9:00 DURATION 1:00 MSG no appt
>
>but this does not:
>
>PUSH
>   OMIT Jun 11 2024 MSG no appt
>   OMIT Jun 25 2024 MSG no appt
>   OMIT Jul 02 2024 MSG no appt
>   REM Tue SKIP AT 9:00 DURATION 1:00 MSG appt.
>POP

Both of them work for me with python-remind from git (I should probably
push out a new release, maybe once we found your issue.)

>Someone posted a (maybe?) related question on stack exchange
>(https://superuser.com/questions/1838057/synchronize-reminders-into-multiple-calendars),
>but I'm not certain it is relevant. I am exporting multiple separate
>reminder files, if that matters.

This sounds unrelated to your question. But maybe someone can direct
them to this mailing list to find help ;).

Cheers Jochen