[Remind-Fans] Remind 05.00.03 is Released

hymie! hymie at nasalinux.net
Thu Aug 29 07:49:52 EDT 2024

On Wed, Aug 28, 2024 at 03:54:32PM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> I'm pleased to announce the release of Remind 05.00.03.  The theme here
> is "Remind is becoming more picky!"  This release adds a whole batch
> of warnings that check for constructs that are probably mistakes.

I jumped from 5.0.0 to 5.0.3 , so I don't know exactly when this happened.

But contrib/ical2rem.pl does this:
==========
# - add SCHED _sfun keyword
[...]
                    print " SCHED _sfun MSG %a %2 ";
==========

and I can't find _sfun defined anywhere (except as an example in the remind
man page) , so I'm getting a bunch of warnings

Undefined SCHED function: `_sfun'

and I'm not exactly sure how to define a null function.

I even tried

FSET _sfun(x) ""

but got an error
SCHED function `_sfun' defined at .reminders:5 does not use its argument

so I tried

FSET _sfun(x) x

That seems to be working ok.  I'm not sure what it's **doing** but it
got rid of the errors.;

--hymie!