[RP-PPPoE] Multiple pools of IP address

Evgeniy Kozhuhovskiy ugenk at mgts.by
Fri May 15 08:52:18 EDT 2009

Damjan wrote:
> Why not post it somewhere, I'd take a look. I guess this could be done
> in a pppd plugin then.
Yep, i've done this via patching radius plugin

http://mgts.by/shared/mgtsppp/

bugs/limitations/etc:

1) u dont need IPV4ZONES functionality, those disable it in Makefiles
2) mysql host, db, login and password are hardcoded :)
3) sql schema - pppd/plugins/radius/create.sql
4) If u dont send PPPD-Pool-Number - by default ippool is used
5) PPPD-Pool-Number is not a number, it is a string, for example:
guest   Auth-Type := Local, Cleartext-Password := "guest"
         Service-Type == Framed-User,
         Service-Type = Framed-User,
         Upstream-Speed-Limit = 32,
         Downstream-Speed-Limit = 32,
         PPPD-Pool-Number = "ippoolguest",
         Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
         Session-Timeout = 86400,
         Fall-Through = No

ip will be taken from table with name from PPPD-Pool-Number

6) Framed-IP-Address should be set to 255.255.255.254 (as described in RFC)

7) Do not forget to take a look to
pppd/plugins/radius/etc/dictionary.pppd and copy this dictionary to your
radius :)

I've wrote a half of new version (uses shmem instead of mysql), may be
at next week it will be released.

--
With best regards, Evgeniy Kozhuhovskiy
Leader, Services team