[RP-PPPoE] Question about using rp-pppoe without a username/password

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue May 26 18:57:10 EDT 2009

Richard Fall wrote:

> Here's the question:  how do I set up the rp-pppoe configuration file
> to bring up the DSL connection without trying to supply a
> username/password?

This is really a PPP question.  I'm sure you can invoke pppd to work
without authentication; you'd need to read the pppd man page.

That being said, the pppoe-connect script assumes that you're going to
want to authenticate, so it supplies the "user $USER" arguments to pppd.
You'd have to hack that script to get it to work.

Regards,

David.