[RP-PPPoE] Problem accessing websites problem.

Guillaume CHARDIN guillaume.chardin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 12:15:29 EST 2009

Hi list !

I don't know if its the right place to post this, but if i'm wrong
just tell me where I can find the list for this purpose.
User of debian I already post on debian-user list, but no one can be
able to help me to find out whats wrong. Here is a link of the
original conversation (
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2009/11/msg01462.html ) you will
find a new explanation of my issue below :

  * Since I upgrade to debian5 my firewall acting as a router between
Lan/dmz/wan with ppp/pppoe no one on the network can access some
websites/ftp server an other ressources on the wan side of the
gateway. I find on some website it can be  a MTU related problem but I
tried many mtu configuration but i wasn"t able to let it works.
The problem happen when "internet" users try to access public websites
located inside dmz zone. Iptables firewall has been disabled on some
tests.

Maybe some useful information :
- the firewall box is running inside a xen domU.
- rp-pppoe.so version is :   3.8
- pppd version : 2.4.4
- for test a pppoe connection made by a windows box works fine for
anyone using the shared connection.

Thanks for any advice or help.

--
Guillaume