[RP-PPPoE] Problem accessing websites problem.

Dan Carl danc at bluestarshows.com
Mon Nov 30 12:51:47 EST 2009

Guillaume CHARDIN wrote:
<snip>
> The problem happen when "internet" users try to access public websites
> located inside dmz zone. Iptables firewall has been disabled on some
> tests.

You don't want to disable iptables you have to use it.
You need to tell your box to forward port 80 connections  to the
webserver located in your DMZ
Here's an example:
$IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp -i ppp0 --dport 80 -j DNAT --to
192.168.0.5:80

$IPTABLES -A FORWARD -i ppp0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

Iptables can take some time to learn.
I do mine from a script, but I understand its much easier to something
like this:
http://www.shorewall.net/

Good Luck
Dan