[RP-PPPoE] [First question] build question and a patch

Michele Petrazzo - Unipex michele.petrazzo at unipex.it
Fri Mar 26 09:52:33 EDT 2010

Hi list,
looking for a ppoe-server solution, I found rp-pppoe that seem to works
very well!
Like now, I'm on debian-lenny and, like said around the (debian)
bug-tracker, the deb package not support kernel mode, so I'm trying to
compile it from sources.
The problem is that although the configure script say me that it will
compile with kernel support (and config.log as
ac_cv_linux_kernel_pppoe=yes), the pppoe-server don't know the -k option:

srv-test:~/rp-pppoe-3.10/src# ./pppoe-server -k
./pppoe-server: invalid option -- k

What can I do for convince it?

Another little thing. I'm writing 50 lines of code for create a new
plugin (external_program.so or something like that) that has the purpose
to call external programs for execute the various pap_check_hook,
pap_passwd_hook and so on (and I think that I will write a simple
postgresql plugin with the purpose)
When I'll and, can I send the patch here?

Thanks,
Michele