[RP-PPPoE] Acct-Interim-Interval

Tianu Mihai mihai.tianu at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 11:25:23 EDT 2010

What radius server are you using ? If it's FreeRadius double check your
sql queries /  config options.

Also bear in mind that PPPD needs to be patched with gigawords support,
otherwise when your client's session exceeds 4Gb the counters will go to 0.
( link to the pppd patch for gigawords support
http://www.nuclearcat.com/files/gigawords-v3.patch ). [ it worked with
2.4.4 / 2.4.5 for me ]
With the above patch the ppp interface will reset the counter but the
radius accounting record will reflect correctly  the  traffic of the
session.

Also I advise you to use pppd-2.4.5 because there is a bug which can
cause duplicate interim accounting messages. ( see:
http://git.ozlabs.org/?p=ppp.git;a=commit;h=638647916bb20f23221b0fd5fd6a8bb79a020093
)

~Mihai