[RP-PPPoE] Acct-Interim-Interval

mike mike at willitsonline.com
Tue Jul 20 11:05:37 EDT 2010

Bishal wrote:
> Hello Mike,
>
>  I have use the following in radius radgroupreply table, but it's not
> updating accounting input/output octets every 5mins:
>
> | 34 | Unlimited Premium       | Acct-Interim-Interval | := | 300
>         |    0 |
> | 35 | Unlimited Premium       | Acct-Status-Type      | := |
> Interim-Update      |

How you diagnose these problems is by looking at the returned radius
attributes. Typically when using the radius plugin of pppd, it'll stick
a copy of the returned attributes in /var/run/radattr.pppX for example.
You may also use tcpdump if you have a radius aware version, or
wireshark, or freeradius -X if running that server to see what it's
giving you back.

Mike-