[RP-PPPoE] pppoe problem...

Insane Laughing Clown mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com
Mon Nov 14 10:57:35 EST 2011

On 11/14/2011 04:55 AM, Sebastian Wild wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have set up a Linux Box (Debian Squeeze) which hast wo NICs. One is connected to LAN the other is connected to a DSL Modem. The Box is configured to do pppoe on that one using the roaring penguin client.
> Now whenever I run pppoe-connect script all I get in syslog is the message "invalid numeric parameter 'lcp-echo-failure' for lcp-echo-interval option". The conncetion is then lost and it tries to reconnect.
> This loops on forever then.
> Google didn't lead me any further unfortunately so I decided to ask for help in here!

Hi,

	Sounds like a simple misconfiguration. 'lcp-echo-failure' and
'lcp-echo-interval' are two option file configuration items, and it
sounds like your file is screwed up so these are on the same line,
instead of having numbers followed by enter. Can you check
/etc/ppp/options and see what you have?

lcp-echo-failure 3
lcp-echo-interval 40

These would be fairly sane....