[RP-PPPoE] pppoe problem...

Sebastian Wild sebastian.wild at csa-it.de
Mon Nov 14 07:55:47 EST 2011

Hi List,

I have set up a Linux Box (Debian Squeeze) which hast wo NICs. One is connected to LAN the other is connected to a DSL Modem. The Box is configured to do pppoe on that one using the roaring penguin client.
Now whenever I run pppoe-connect script all I get in syslog is the message "invalid numeric parameter 'lcp-echo-failure' for lcp-echo-interval option". The conncetion is then lost and it tries to reconnect.
This loops on forever then.
Google didn't lead me any further unfortunately so I decided to ask for help in here!

Hope you can provide me with some suggestion oder tip!

Gruss
Sebastian Wild