[RP-PPPoE] PPPOE user name with new line character.

Kevin Yuan farproc at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 22:16:20 EST 2012

Hi all,

I can not make it work with a PPPOE user name that contains new
line(CRLF) character.

I am in my friend's house now and want to connect to internet with his
ADSL line. But I found that we can connect to ADSL only using the
client application from the ISP because the PPPOE user name allocated
by the ISP contains new line character which prevents us from entering
it into the built-in ADSL dial-up program in the system.

What makes things worse is that this ISP client application is for MS
Windows only but I'm using a Mac Book Pro! I built rp-pppoe-3.10 on my
Mac Book Pro but I found that I still can not input the new line
character while using `pppoe-setup`.

Please help me out. Thanks.