[RP-PPPoE] [rp-pppoe] include intermediate agent patch

Insane Laughing Clown mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com
Thu Feb 21 01:21:42 EST 2013

On 02/20/2013 12:11 AM, Whoopie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to get a new version into Ubuntu. See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rp-pppoe/+bug/705880
>
> Could you perhaps merge the intermediate agent patch from http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/ilc-ppp/index.php?title=Main_Page and make a new release which I could use for packaging?
>
> Please find attached version which applies cleanly to version 3.11.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Best regards,
> Whoopie

Hi,

	The intermediate agent patch is actually a fairly extensive addition to
the code and I am unsure of the value to others or whether david wants
to add this since it'd need to also be maintained if it's in his tree.
It would be wonderful if it could be a module or a plugin but those
would also be fairly major substantial changes to the code too.
Intermediate agent support really is only good for a more hardcore type
of *server* application. It doesn't help *clients* (users) at all, and
so has low overall appeal. I would think anyone building a *server*
would likely be willing to fetch the sources and compile it themselves
anyways, but thats just my $0.02 worth.

Regards,

-ILC