[RP-PPPoE] [rp-pppoe] include intermediate agent patch

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Feb 21 10:00:28 EST 2013

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:21:42 -0800
Insane Laughing Clown <mike-rppppoe at tiedyenetworks.com> wrote:

> 	The intermediate agent patch is actually a fairly extensive
> addition to the code and I am unsure of the value to others or
> whether david wants to add this since it'd need to also be maintained
> if it's in his tree.

Yeah.  It worries me a bit.  I have to think about this.  If I do
add it, I think it will be added with conditional compilation and
default to off so you have to build with:

	./configure --enable-pia

to get it.

> It would be wonderful if it could be a module or
> a plugin but those would also be fairly major substantial changes to
> the code too.

Yep.  I don't know how to begin to define a plugin API since the things
we might want to do could interact extensively with the code code.

Regards,

David.