[RP-PPPoE] Sent PADT with no indication of why

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 4 16:12:06 EST 2014

On Tue, 4 Mar 2014 11:46:42 -0700
Thomas Hewton-Waters <thomashw at me.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me when "Sent PADT" would be the first log message
> regarding a connection being closed? I'm having an issue where a
> Windows computer is getting randomly disconnected (sometimes after a
> few hours, sometimes after a few minutes).

You might have to capture all the traffic using tcpdump and have
a look at the message that's in the actual PADT packet itself.
This should give you a clue as to what's going on.

Unfortunately, if the disconnection is random and could take a few
hours, then you're looking at a huge capture file. :(

Regards,

David.