[RP-PPPoE] RP-PPPoE VDSL & VDSL2 Support?

Wilber rp-pppoe-ml at wilber.pointclark.net
Sun Apr 22 19:48:09 EDT 2018

Gday,

I've used the Roaring Penguin PPPoE client for years now, both with
ADSL1 and then later with ADSL2 and it has hummed along smoothly. Now
the Australian Government in their wisdom is forcing everyone to join
the Not Bloody Needed network or NBN for short. They are doing this by
disconnecting every one's PSTN and ADSL services two years after the
NBN has finished rolling out in their area. Approximately 90% of
Australian connections will be FTTN(Fibre To The Node) with some type
of VDSL technology.

Does RP-PPPoE have VDSL/VDSL2 support? More specifically does RP-PPPoE
support G.993.2? From my ISPs supplied modem I can see on the DSL
Modulation Parameters page under VDSL2 (G.993.2) it lists the following:
* Profile8a
* Profile8b
* Profile8c
* Profile8d
* Profile12a
* Profile12b
* Profile17a

Can I just setup my new modem in bridge mode and update both
/etc/ppp/chap-secrets and /etc/ppp/pap-secrets with my new username &
password and be good to go?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Wilber