[RP-PPPoE] Import of bugfixes/features from the in-tree pppd version

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon May 4 08:58:15 EDT 2020

Hi!

On 2020-05-03 19:27, наб wrote:

> Recently I've exported the fiftyish commits that touch
> pppd/plugins/rp-pppoe/ from the pppd tree and am working on porting all
> bugfixes (and features, later) to rp-pppoe 3.13.

Thank you!  I will review the patches and apply them.

> The changelog notes that this had, in one form or another, been done
> once before, if at a smaller scale (though, going by the
> "Thanks a lot, guys!" there and some ugly comments towards rp-pppoe in
> some pppd commit messages, the relationship with downstream seems,
> understandably, begrudged; I'm hoping that will not affect this too much).

I haven't really touched rp-pppoe in probably a decade and was completely
unaware of the PPP developers commits or comments.  I guess they never
bothered to keep me informed, so I'm not sure why there were
"ugly comments".  Doesn't matter; the main thing is to review
the patches and apply them.

> Anyway, I've prepared a patchset[1], based on 3.13, which implements
> most-all pure bugfixes/cleanups from pppd, but posting so many mails
> without knowing if Dianne is interested in them at all seemed quite
> rude, so: should I submit it to this list for review?

You can submit the patches, but I think the link below is sufficient.
I can grab the patches from there and anyone else interested can also.

[1]:
https://github.com/nabijaczleweli/rp-pppoe/tree/patches/0002-pppd-bugfixes-3.13-v1