[RP-PPPoE] RP-PPPoE 3.14 BETA 3 available

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon May 18 10:57:52 EDT 2020

Hi,

RP-PPPoE 3.14 Beta 3 is available for testing; please give it a whirl.
I am really hoping this becomes 3.14 final.  I'd like to thank наб for
her many cleanups and improvements to 3.14, and also Luca Piccirillo
for reminding me to implement HURL and MOTM support in pppoe-server.

Download:
https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/rp-pppoe/download/rp-pppoe-3.14-BETA-3.tar.gz

Signature:
https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/rp-pppoe/download/rp-pppoe-3.14-BETA-3.tar.gz.sig

Below are the changes.

Changes from version 3.13 to 3.14:

- Delete scripts/pppoe-init-turbolinux.in - TurboLinux is defunct.

- pppoe-server: Add -H and -M options for sending HURL and MOTM packets
  respectively.

- Change VERSION macro to RP_VERSION to avoid conflict with pppd macro.

- Apply all of the patches at

https://github.com/nabijaczleweli/rp-pppoe/tree/patches/0006-touchups-3.14-BETA-2-v1
  which fix up various compile-time warnings.

*** 3.14-BETA-2 ***

- Apply all of the patches at

https://github.com/nabijaczleweli/rp-pppoe/tree/patches/0004-mostly-cosmetic-3.14-BETA-1-v1
  which implement the following 6 changes:

- 1. Clarify a couple of comments
- 2. Remove the '@' before the command that installs the plugin, in the Makefile
- 3. Fix a typo in doc/HOW-TO-CONNECT
- 4. Use echo instead of /bin/echo in scripts
- 5. Fix potential snprintf(...) truncation
- 6. Cosmetic fix to copyright printout

- Apply all the patches at
  https://github.com/nabijaczleweli/rp-pppoe/tree/patches/0002-pppd-bugfixes-3.13-v1
  which implement the following 13 changes:

- 1. Don't exit if we time out waiting for PADO/PADS packets if
  persist option set
- 2. Remove unused variable
- 3. Don't error out if device is not Ethernet if doit is 0 in PPPoEDevnameHook
- 4. Use one 8-bit bitfield and macros for both ver and type in PPPoEPacket
- 5. Remove unnecessary casts from common.c
- 6. Replace strDup() with POSIX strdup(3)
- 7. Extract expiration check into time_left() function
- 8. Suppress false error message on PPPoE disconnect
- 9. Send PADT on PPPoE disconnect
- 10. Various fixes for errors found by coverity static analysis
- 11. Remove all references to cdefs.h
- 12. Eliminate snprintf-related compiler warning in plugin.c
- 13. Make tag parsing loop condition more accurate