[Remind-Fans] WISH: respect +xx advance warnings in quick reminders

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Mon Jul 31 15:55:31 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:58:15AM +0200, Martin Stubenschrott wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 10:39:04PM -0400, Paul Pelzl wrote:
> > I'm considering building the quick reminder feature on top of
> > configurable templates.  The idea is that you would be able to create a
> > custom template with the "+60" built in, and bind it to a different
> > keypress.
>
> Hmm, actually the idea is quite nice after thinking about it more and
> more. But would you bind an extra key to each of these templates or
> would you get a selection window like if you have multiple reminder
> files and press 'e'?

I had been thinking about binding to different keypresses, but using a
selection window is an interesting thought.

Combining the two approaches might work out well.  Keypresses could be
bound to certain frequently-used templates, but a different keypress
would present the user with a choice of REM lines corresponding to all
available templates.

> > I'm open to other ideas, but this is the way I'm leaning right now.
>
> Especially if we get templates, it would be very helpful to not just
> write the created reminder line to ~/.reminders, but also echo it on the
> last line of the window to quickly see if something went wrong.

Yes, that's probably a good idea.

Paul