[Remind-Fans] [ANN] Wyrd 1.4.2

Paul Pelzl pelzlpj at eecs.umich.edu
Fri May 25 23:15:34 EDT 2007

Hello Remind fans,

I'm pleased to announce version 1.4.2 of Wyrd, a curses front-end for
Remind.  You can find it at the usual place:
http://www.eecs.umich.edu/~pelzlpj/wyrd

A few noteworthy items in this release:

   * Bugfix: removed dependence on bash-isms, hopefully correcting
     problems with recent Ubuntu releases.

   * The selection cursor can (optionally) automatically track the
     current time; see the 'home_sticky' setting for details.

   * The "-a" command line option lets you quick-add reminders from the
     command line (using the natural language parser).

   * If your ncurses was built with wide-character support, then
     you should be able to configure Wyrd with --enable-utf8 to enable
     proper rendering of UTF-8 encoded reminders.

As a native speaker of US English, I probably haven't tested the UTF-8
stuff is not terribly well... so I would very much appreciate feedback
on that feature in particular.

The changelog follows.  Enjoy,

Paul

Wyrd ChangeLog

2007-05-25     Released 1.4.2.

2007-04-28     Added the untimed_window_width rcfile option, which lets the
               user set the width of the windows on the right side of the
               display.

               Tweaked the resize handler so Wyrd does not completely die
               when the terminal is resized too small.

               Made modifications to support rendering UTF-8 reminders
               (requires ncurses built with wide char support)

2007-04-23     Added the home_sticky option, allowing the cursor position
               to automatically track the current time.

               Added command-line option to append reminders using the
               natural language parser.

2007-04-22     Eliminated dependence on Bash-style tilde expansion.

2006-07-16     Released 1.4.1.