[Remind-Fans] debian upgrade and remind no longer works

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Mar 14 11:05:30 EDT 2008

david cuthbertson wrote:

> This never used to require ' .reminders'. Now it does.

Debian modified its version of Remind to default to .reminders if
no filename was specified.  I disagreed with this modification.

Recent versions of Remind assume ~/.reminders if invoked as "rem".
It appears that Debian has decided to follow the upstream behaviour rather
than shipping a modified version of Remind.  I urge you *not* to ask Debian
to change back; instead, modify your scripts to invoke "rem" instead of
"remind".  I would much prefer Debian's version of Remind to follow upstream
as closely as possible.

Regards,

David.