[Remind-Fans] OMIT weekends and holidays

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz remind at numerixtechnology.de
Tue Feb 17 06:06:10 EST 2009

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 23:37:33 +0000
Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <remind at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:

> On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 15:27:37 +0000
> Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz <remind at numerixtechnology.de> wrote:
>
> > Seeing as remind offers ++ and + to treat omitted days differently,
>
> [...]
>
> REM Mon 1 May SCANFROM [_lastweek()] SATISFY [TRUE]
> OMIT [trigger(trigdate())]  MSG May Bank Holiday
>
> [...]
>
> On the working day on or following the 2nd of the month a standing
> order payment is carried out.
> On the calendar day prior to the payment I need a reminder to fund the
> account.
>
> [...]
>
> I could do with something like a --1 which ignores the OMITs. ;-)

Ouch - just found it in the manual.

I had another attempt:

1)
REM 2 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER --1 MSG fund account %v

2)
REM 2 OMIT Sat Sun AFTER SATISFY [TRUE]
REM [trigger(trigdate())] +5 --1 MSG fund account %v

Example 2) has the desired effect; 1) triggers on Friday 1st May before
the long weekend. Why does the --1 in this case not move it by one
calendar day?

--

Best Regards,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz