[Remind-Fans] include txt files instead of .rem files in directory and open that file

Dougie Lawson dl1ims at gmail.com
Tue May 27 16:02:55 EDT 2014

On 27 May 2014 20:21, Dave Parker <cedardocster at gmail.com> wrote:

> Two follow up questions:
>
> 1) I'm not totally familiar with this type of mailing list (more used to
> google groups)  If I reply normally from my gmail as I'm doing here, does
> my reply go to everyone in the list (and is that okay?) or just to the
> people that replied to my original question.

The way mailing lists are supposed to work is that your one reply is sent
to all subscribers (although Yahoo always seem to want to try hard to break
that).

> 2) Does everyone here run their computer 24:7?  I'm thinking of getting one
> of those plug computers to run an ongoing instance of remind and also
> btsync.  Is that a good idea or no? (I'm nervous of getting into the world
> of "servers", i.e. computers with no gui)

If you want to run a versatile Linux server that will cost not much more
than $35 and uses less than 5V @ 1000mA then take a look at the Raspberry
Pi. It has a GUI if you really need that stuff.

The processor is an ARM6, the operating system is a modified version of
Debian, ArchLinux or Fedora built for the ARM6. http://raspberrypi.org has
the details. It's a step forward from the plug computers to a small machine
that can deliver HDMI 1080p graphics. Both of my Raspberry Pis run remind.

Regards, Dougie
--
http://twitter.com/DougieLawson