[Remind-Fans] form feed after monthly calendar

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Jul 11 13:45:11 EDT 2014

On Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:19:14 -0400 (EDT)
"brock at quantifier.org" <brock at quantifier.org> wrote:

> The first question was "why does it do that"?  Is there some feature
> that I'm not seeing?  Because over ssh, ^L just clears the screen so
> I can't see the calendar at all.  What's the point?

Back in the Mesozoic era, I would feed the output of "remind -c" to
a line printer (!) and a ^L made it start a new page.

I agree that its usefulness today is about zero and we should probably
take it out.

^L should not clear the screen unless your terminal settings say it
should; you may be able to override that in your terminal settings
and/or SSH client.

Regards,

David.