[Remind-Fans] OMIT Weekends...

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Mar 8 10:46:34 EST 2016

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 07:14:06 -0800 (PST)
Shibu Narayanan <shibu.narayanan at oracle.com> wrote:

> I have my reminders setup using cron to run once a day and send the
> output by email to my office address. Since I do not check my email
> on weekends(Sat,Sun), I have given the below line in the reminder
> file to skip weekends.

> OMIT Sat,Sun

I assume you've decided you can safely ignore the error message?

-stdin-(1): Unknown token: `Sat,Sun' (OMIT)

> REM Mar 7  +1 MSG my reminder
> How can I make the email to be sent out on Friday.

REM Mar 7 +1 OMIT SAT SUN MSG my reminder

However, it'll still be sent out on Saturday and Sunday as well.  So
you should also put this in your reminder file right at the beginning:

IFTRIG Sat Sun
    # Don't bother me on weekends
    EXIT
ENDIF