[Remind-Fans] Using BEFORE/AFTER to adjust by more than one day?

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Fri Oct 4 11:57:11 EDT 2019

On 10/4/19 10:48 AM, Tim Chase wrote:

> I have several events that fall on the Nth weekday of the (e.g 1st
> Saturday) and when they get bumped by an OMIT, they usually move back
> one week (so instead of July 4th of 2020, it would move to July 11th
> of 2020).  Is there a way to specify that the BEFORE/AFTER should
> shift things by a certain number of days other than one?

I can't think of an easy way to do this.  I came up with this somewhat
ugly solution:

# Normally the first Saturday of the month, but if it's a holiday
# bump to the second Saturday

REM Sat 1 SCANFROM [today()-7] SATISFY 1
IF isomitted($T)
   REM SAT 8 MSG Event (bumped)
ELSE
   REM SAT 1 MSG Event
ENDIF

Oh, just read Hymie's solution.  It will work too:

REM Sat 1 OMIT Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri AFTER MSG Event

That only works if the shift-amount is <= 7 days, obviously.