[Remind-Fans] Using BEFORE/AFTER to adjust by more than one day?

Craig B Agricola craig at theagricolas.org
Fri Oct 4 11:53:53 EDT 2019

AFTER should not shift by a fixed number of days; as I understand it (and this
seems to be how it has always worked for me), it will simply move it until the
next (or previous, for BEFORE) day that is not ommitted.  If your setup is
moving it back a full week, that would suggest that your global OMIT context is
ommitting all of the days after July 4th through the 10th, and so that reminder
moves to the 11th (the next non-ommitted date.)

You may want to reproduce your issue with a minimal example and send it to the
list so we can help with specifics.

For instance:

PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
OMIT 4 July 2020
REM 1 Sat 2020 AFTER MSG First Saturday of the month, ommitting July 4
POP-OMIT-CONTEXT

gives:

$ remind -s3 test.rem 1 Jun 2020 | less
2020/06/06 * * * * First Saturday of the month, ommitting July 4
2020/07/05 * * * * First Saturday of the month, ommitting July 4
2020/08/01 * * * * First Saturday of the month, ommitting July 4

Notice that it moves to 2020/07/05, not 2020/07/11, so you are probably
ommitting the other dates before the 11th somewhere.

 -Craig