[Remind-Fans] tkremind suggestions

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Tue Feb 28 10:09:39 EST 2023

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 10:02:55 -0500
Hymie! via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> (1) Changing the settings in TKRemind only allows you to save the
> options to the tkremindrc file.  It would be nice if I could use
> options in the current session without saving, so I can decide if I
> want to keep or revert them.

I used to have a separate "Apply" and "Save" button, but found it confusing,
so I removed that.  Perhaps a compromise would be to automatically back
up the old settings when you press Save and have a button to revert to the
backed-up settings?

> (2) Alter cockers like me still use vi.  Exiting tkremind with vi
> running messes up my terminal (and possibly my files).  Perhaps a
> separate option from "confirm quit" to "confirm quit if editor is
> still running" ? (Or am I now getting too specific?)

Hmm.  Does vi run in the same terminal you started TkRemind from?  Could
you use a graphical version instead ("gvim") so it opens up in its
own window?  (I use an editor that opens up in its own window.)

PS Appreciate the nod to the mame-loshn. :P