[Remind-Fans] Automated remind notifications in specified time frame

Storm Dragon storm_dragon at linux-a11y.org
Sat Jul 1 01:04:11 EDT 2023

Howdy Dianne,

Tk doesn't work with Orca, so not accessible to
me. I wanted to make sure this hadn't changed, so I tried installing it,
but when I run tkremind, I get the following error:

[storm at fenrir ~] $ DISPLAY=:0 tkremind
Error in startup script: couldn't execute "hostname": no such file or
directory
     while executing
"exec hostname"
     invoked from within
"set Hostname [exec hostname]"
     (file "/usr/bin/tkremind" line 27)

I used a small calculator example I found in tcl to test, and the window
opens, but nothing is read, so unfortunately tkremind isn't an option
for me.

I am using remind 4.2.5. The -a -k code does pop up a notification, but
it reads with a lot of \ characters added, it also includes the whole
entry, so it's kind of hard to pick up on the actual message. I thought
the %s meant that only the message would be sent through notify-send.

Thanks for the help, I'm at least closer than I was to getting it
automated. :)

Thanks,
Storm