[Remind-Fans] Second full week in October

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Fri Oct 13 16:33:52 EDT 2023

On Fri, 13 Oct 2023 16:24:52 -0400
Michael DeBusk via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> Is there a way to have Remind show me "the second full week in
> October?"

"The second full week" is not well-defined unless you define what a
"full week" is.

If we assume that a week begins on a Sunday, then the second full week in
October will be the week that starts on or after the 8th of October.
So something like:

   REM Sunday 8 October MSG Healthcare Security and Safety Week starts
   REM Saturday 14 October MSG Healthcare Security and Safety Week ends

Or you could do:

   REM Sunday 8 October SCANFROM -7 SATISFY 1
   SET t $T
   REM [t] THROUGH [t+6] MSG Healthcare Security and Safety Week

A lot of complicated-sounding definitions are actually much simpler
when you untangle them.