[Remind-Fans] Rebrand to GNU Remind

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Sat Dec 2 11:43:45 EST 2023

Le 02/12/2023 à 15:59, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans a écrit :
> The search phrase "Remind Linux" yields the top hit on all three search
> engines.

I was about to suggest a rebrand to "Remind Linux" but this shows that this is
not even necessary. Furthermore remind is easily found in pkgs.org as well as
https://repology.org/projects/

>> Adding "gnu" to the search terms is already a bit better but would be
>> much better if "GNU Remind" would have been used consistently.
>
> For the reason I mentioned above, I will not be rebranding Remind as
> GNU Remind.

As a packager I have no say in your decision. This notwithstanding I approve it :)

Also an Internet search with as argument "remind package <your distribution>"
often finds it.

Cheers
Didier