[Remind-Fans] Recently added left-to-right marks in calendar-view?

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Thu Apr 28 10:05:03 EDT 2022

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 08:56:46 -0500
Tim Chase via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I upgraded my packages on FreeBSD yesterday and noticed that my
> calendar output is now thrown off because my there now seem to be
> some left-to-right Unicode characters (piped through `hexdump -C`
> they're "e2 80 8e" as shown below) appearing in the output after each
> event.

Yep.  Traditional xterm is basically broken.  I recommend not using it.
I have long since swiched to xfce4-terminal.

You could switch to urxvt, which is very similar to xterm but properly
supports the LTR Unicode characters.  Or, you can set your locale
to a non-UTF-8 locale because we only send the LRM if we're in a UTF-8
locale.