[Remind-Fans] Anyone having problems with Remind 04.01.00?

Michael DeBusk mdebusk at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 12:43:34 EDT 2022

I don't get that error here on Ubuntu 22.04.01 with Remind 04.01.00
compiled from source.

I also don't find that error in the source. I find the string "Waiting
for" in install-sh and it's unrelated to fonts. But you obviously know
this.

Google says there's a quite nice script font named "Waiting For". I
wonder if the user in question has somehow attempted to configure
remind to invoke it. https://www.dafont.com/waiting-for.font

On Sun, Oct 9, 2022 at 11:10 AM Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans
<remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Someone sent me a private email regarding Remind 04.01.00 that said:
>
> When I invoke the latest remind the only answer I get is:
>
>      "Waiting for fcntl"
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?  The original poster is running CentOS 7, to
> which I do not have access, and is invoking Remind on a simple reminder
> file like this:   remind FILENAME
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.

()  ascii ribbon campaign     * against html e-mail
/\  www.asciiribbon.org       * against proprietary attachments
Home: http://nlphilia.com     * Blog: http://nlphilia.net