[Remind-Fans] Remind 05.00.04 is Released

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Thu Aug 29 08:10:41 EDT 2024

Hi, everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Remind 05.00.04.  Yes, it's
just a day after 05.00.03.  There are no important bugs in 05.00.03
that I'm aware of, but I wanted to improve one thing.

The code that warns you if a SATISFY expression doesn't reference the
trigger date has been improved to look recursively into user-defined
functions called by the expression.  For example, the following code
will issue a warning in Remind 05.00.03, but not in 05.00.04:

    FSET is_weekday(x) ($Tw == x)
    REM 1 SATISFY [is_weekday(0)] MSG Sunday the first!

Remind 05.00.04 is available at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Tar: https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/download/remind-05.00.04.tar.gz
GPG: https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/download/remind-05.00.04.tar.gz.sig
Git: https://git.skoll.ca/Skollsoft-Public/Remind

Release notes follow.

CHANGES TO REMIND

CHANGES TO REMIND

* VERSION 5.0 Patch 4 - 2024-08-29

* IMPROVEMENT: remind: When checking if a SATISFY expression refers to the
  trigger date, look recursively at any user-defined functions it calls.
  This reduces spurious warnings.

* CHANGE: remind: Allow any type to be used as the test argument for IIF.

* IMPROVEMENT: remind man page: Clarify how various types are treated
  in boolean context.

* VERSION 5.0 Patch 3 - 2024-08-28